Tuesday, January 29, 2019

QUEBEC - DAY 87 - AUG 28

What a difference a coastline makes. The south coast of the Gaspe Peninsula is almost all dead flat. This north coast is nothing but hills, steep hills. This is evidenced by my short 100 foot elevation gain per mile ride today. The scenery was pretty good as it tends to be on very hilly rides. You can see a wind farm on one of the high ridges. The percent grade markers are only on the tops of hills so as to warn heavily loaded trucks or RV's. I'm pretty sure I bicycled up one that was close to 15% or more....okay, I had to walk a bit of it.

Not as many motels or eateries along this stretch, but I made it to Pointe-a-la Fregate, named after a British frigate that broke up here on the rocks. I found a little oasis of a nice motel and restaurant combo. I'm staying two nights to recuperate.

Route;




Pictures;



No comments:

Post a Comment