Tuesday, January 29, 2019

QUEBEC - DAY 86 - AUG 27

Today started grayish again and later became very lumpy. I was headed for National Park Forillon which juts out on a peninsula on the Gaspe Peninsula. It is the last part of the Canadian Appalachian Trail and ends at a lighthouse. The park road is very good (and hilly) and as I was heading for the lighthouse a huge fog bank rolled in and I turned around...oh well. Heading now for the north coast of the Gaspe, I reached it at Cap-des-Rosiers with it's lighthouse, the tallest in Canada at 112 feet. And it was sunny here too! And then it was cloudy, kind of back and forth and a little headwind.

Very little of this road was flat and I needed to call it a day. I ran out of motel opportunities, but found a very nice campground in L'anse-au-Griffon. Camping night number 8.5. It appears my camping rate is running about 10% of total days, much less than on previous trips. This is a sure indicator of an old man with a credit card.

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment