Tuesday, January 29, 2019

QUEBEC - DAY 85 - AUG 26

Leaving Perce I immediately started up a giant steep hill and if not early in the day, I might have had to walk. The hills continued here and there on this overcast day with some nice views. The gray sky makes for a gray ocean, not my favorite for photography. As I got closer to the town of Gaspe, I took a slightly longer route toward the sea, going by the popular beach area of Haldimand. When leaving, a local resident got my attention and pointed me toward a sweet paved path, paralleling a railroad, that went for about 7 miles all the way to the bridge going over to Gaspe.

Gaspe is a good sized town and here I had yet another Paul Nevins' cousin connection. I knew from my tracking software that they lived up the side of a very steep hill, about 400 feet. It was very much worth the effort as Monica (Paul's cousin) and her husband Jean were very welcoming. That evening their daughter, Rene, and Jean's sister, Claudette were over and we had a very festive evening. The last picture is of Jean and Monica the next morning as I was leaving. Thank you Paul!

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment