Tuesday, January 29, 2019

QUEBEC - DAY 102 - SEP 12

In Quebec City, the thought crossed my mind that I could fly back home from here. However, after looking at the weather forecast, I had almost a week of favorable weather ahead. How could I pass up that opportunity? So I am heading directly south through Quebec toward Maine along the Chaudiere River. I got some pictures from the very narrow pedestrian/bike way going across the Saint Lawrence River. There were several little towns and a couple of neat paved bike paths along the highway named after John Kennedy. (I wonder if they will name a highway after Trump? Emoji).

I had a "warmshower" connection in Saint-Georges with a very nice young couple with two young kids and a couple cats. Jean and Mary met and both work at the same bank. Jean has been in his house about five years, but recently had it raised about four feet to make the basement a live-able area. One picture is of the couple, Noah, one of their kids, and their house under construction. 

I camped out on the concrete floor of their basement, and since I didn't have to put up my tent, I am counting this as 1/2 a camping experience. Total camping nights so far is now 9, unless my math is off.

Saint-Georges is quite a nice town.

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment