Friday, January 18, 2019

NEW BRUNSWICK - DAY 78 - AUG 19

I'm shocked! The weather forecast was correct and it rained most of the morning in Miramichi as I was happily ensconced in my motel room. It gave me a chance to get caught up on my blogging. You don't hear me complaining about the heat and humidity any longer. Hopefully, that is in the rear view mirror. In fact, I have actually had to use arm warmers and a vest for a few hours. 

Today was very pleasant as I bicycled up the Acadian Coast. The 2 lane road is very good with wide shoulders on both sides. It was flat and pretty, but uninspiring, as I went through some really small villages and ended my ride in the bigger and busier town of Tracadie. There was a 5 to 10 mph headwind all day. And who knew there was a New Jersey in New Brunswick? 

One giant church in town and people speak Acadian French primarily, but also English with a pretty heavy accent. Most signage and store names are French. I found a decent motel, Auberge Centre-Ville.

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment