Friday, January 18, 2019

NEW BRUNSWICK - DAY 76 - AUG 17

I left Shediac early because today I had a plan....yes, one of the few. The weather forecast has been wrong frequently, but the day after today was a very high percentage chance of rain. And since the only town with some infrastructure was quite a way up the road, I reserved a room for two nights in Miramichi and off I went. 

You wouldn't think tomorrow was going to be wet because today was very nice. On the far side of Shediac I stumbled across The World's Largest Lobster, quite a tourist attraction; The World's Largest Lobster


The rest of the day I was on and off of the more rural road that went through Bouctouche, Rexton, and Richibucto. Later, the last 30 miles or so was on the faster and less scenic Route 11 that made a beeline for Miramichi. In spite of the road signs, I did not see any moose. I made it, but it was a slog. By the way, many people speak French up here, sort of, better known as Acadian French.

Route;






Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment