Saturday, December 29, 2018

ICELAND - DAY 8 - JUNE 10

Somehow after my round trip to Gullfoss, which was my 2nd ride in a row, I didn't have the energy to go again the next day. And this hostel was very comfortable. The following day, it was raining from the get go, so that was a non starter. So, after 2 rest days I hit the road. 

Today was cloudy, the sun never came out and a bit drizzly the second half of the day. Temperatures barely got to 50 degrees. These are normal conditions for Iceland. I didn't mind any of it, except I do like some sun for photography, especially when the scenery is so majestic.

I retraced my route through Pingvellir , this time stopping in amazement as hoards of folks in wet suits were getting into freezing water to do a little snorkeling. I'm not sure why. Later I took a minor road heading north that had some gravel and dirt. It wasn't too bad and far fewer cars than the main road. Great views and it culminated on an equally great fjord which I had to go around. Lots of farm animals, waterfalls, and rugged hillsides. 

I stopped at the first place that had lodging, which was a working farm, with some rooms and an area to camp. And they had dinner. I have yet to use my tent. Someday soon I'm sure.

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment