Saturday, December 29, 2018

ICELAND - DAY 9 - JUNE 11

From my farm stay, I headed down the road and immediately came onto a very steep dirt and gravel road. This was by choice to avoid a much busier highway or so I was told. I have come to a consideration that many people who say the roads are busy here have not been in the San Diego / Los Angeles corridor. Anyway, there were several big ups and downs, but great scenery and deadly quiet. The sun again failed to make an appearance, temps hardly reached 50, and the winds picked up later in the day.

As I trudged along, the title of a great movie and book came to mind; "No Country for Old Men". The story won't apply, but the literal meaning hit a chord with me. I made it to Bojarnes and checked into a very nice hostel for 2 nights. Just prior I picked up some fresh salmon and some other goodies at the local Bonus Supermarket, a prevalent chain here in Iceland. It was great!

I have made a management decision to reluctantly skip a foray into the West Fjords. At the pace I am going, I want to insure that I won't run out of time in trying to circumnavigate this not so little island.

Route;




Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment