Friday, January 18, 2019

NOVA SCOTIA - DAY 53 & 54 - JULY 25 & 26

I stayed along the scenic route 1 almost all day. Small towns along the way included Kingston and Aylesford before a break in Kentville. From here I made a "warmshower" connection in Wolfville about 17 miles further along. From Mike's advice and the increase of maybe rush hour traffic, I hopped on a very nice rail to trail segment all the way to Wolfville. This trail also avoided a few hills on the highway, which I didn't have a taste for this late in the day.

Wolfville is really a nice college town, with the huge Acadian University and the whole collegiate atmosphere it's main selling point. Mike was just a prince, making me feel very much at home in his cottage, cooking a great dinner, and then driving me to some scenic spots around town. One of these was overlooking a place called Grand Pre, a National and World Heritage Site. Read about it here;


 
Mike is a graduate of the University, teaches there, and is going for his PHD.
The next morning, I bid Mike farewell and did a short ride to Windsor. 

In Windsor, I just happened to be passing a bike shop, so I stopped to check my chain stretch and decided to change it. The shop owner was very helpful, actually bringing a bike stand outside, because there were steps up to his shop. Shortly after leaving, I got caught in a downpour, which was all the excuse I needed to call it a day. And I was so comfortable (and my bike shoes were still damp) that the next day was a rest day.

Routes;



https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2882839531





Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment