Wednesday, July 24, 2019

EUROPE - 2019 - DAY 40

DAY 40 - JULY 20 - OBERAU to BRANNENBURG

It was another beautiful, but not easy day, through Bavaria's farmlands, forests, and nice little towns on mostly traffic free paved paths. In fact, only about 6 miles on regular roadways (until I got lost, near the very end).

One of the highlights was my visit up the cobbled main road of Bad Tolz. The artistic buildings lining the street just had me staring in wonder. More info here; 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Tölz

One unusual thing happened. I actually had a reservation in the tiny village of Litzldorf. Apparently they made a mistake on the day and there was no room at the inn! The proprietress not only got me another hotel, but paid me the difference in price, and served me a beer in the garden restaurant while I waited. 

Hence I ended up in the nice town of Brannenburg, which was about 6 kilometers away. The next day was forecast for rain, which it did most of the morning, so Day 41 became a rest day.

Route;

Relive;

Pictures;


No comments:

Post a Comment